GamCare’s Gambling Recovery Course can be delivered face to face or online, and is designed to support your recovery from gambling problems, and to reduce the harmful impacts associated with gambling.
The course is open to those who want to stop gambling as well as those who hope to control and reduce their gambling. The sessions will explore:
- what leads to your gambling
- how you can cope with situations that usually lead to gambling in a different way
- how to minimise the harm caused by problem gambling
- how to prevent and manage (re-)lapses
You will benefit most from the programme if you:
- attend all sessions
- are open about your experiences, struggles and (re-)lapses
- actively participate in the discussions and exercises
You will be sent handouts via email before each session, which you are welcome to keep for future reference. The handouts may also contain some optional exercises.
Once you have completed the programme, you can still access further one-to-one treatment if needed.
If you would like to have a chat with our team to see if this course would suit you, call 0808 8020 133
Your sessions can also be supported by Peer Aid – find out more. Click to access
Gamblers Anonymous also offer group support from others with experience of gambling harms. Find out more